VBS is just one week away! Thank you for your commitment to sharing the gospel with the kids in our community.
By the end of the week I will share the final schedule and an up-to-date count of how many kids we have registered in each of our groups. If you are available, please join us for one of the “Decorating Days”. We’ll be decorating classrooms and hallways this Saturday, 9AM-3PM, and Sunday after service. If you have any space-themed decorations, feel free to donate them. Also, we appreciate any clear Christmas lights you can spare for the week. This will help create starry skies around the building.
VBS t-shirts should arrive this Thursday. They are $10 each. If you didn’t get a chance to order a t-shirt I did order extras. Also, if you ordered but didn’t pay, you can do so by cash or check on Sunday. Please pick-up your shirt in the Fellowship Hall after service and then wear it on Monday, the first day of VBS.
This year we are using the daily offering to support a project called “Sweet Cases”. You can learn more about it here: https://youtu.be/jsGIGtBdUBI. Our goal is to raise at least $250. This will allow us to purchase 10 duffle bags for children in foster care. I encourage you to consider also giving to this project. Offering will be collected each morning during our opening Worship Rally.
Some essential details about this year’s VBS:
Dates: July 10-14
Theme: Galactic Starveryors: Discovering the God of the Universe
VBS Scripture: He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For everything was created by Him, in heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities: all things have been created through Him and for Him. Colossians 1:15-16 (HSCB)
VBS Motto: Searching the Visible. Discovering the Invisible.
If you missed any of the previous week’s overviews you may view them here:
Day 1: The Relationship Began
Day 2: The Relationship Broken
Day 3: The Restoration Promised
Day 4: The Relationship Restored
Day 5: The Relationship Continues (John 21:1-19; Acts 1:4,8)
Big Idea: Some days after God raised Jesus from the dead, He met some of the disciples at the Sea of Galilee. Jesus prepared breakfast for the disciples. He restored Peter’s relationship and instructed Peter to take care of His sheep. Jesus told the disciples to wait for God to send the Holy Spirit so that God would always be with them to help and to guide them.
Reflection: For the last 4-6 weeks, the elementary-aged children have been studying the book of Acts. They are learning about how people preached, healed and loved in Jesus’ name. In a time and place where these actions could lead to persecution and death, Christians shared the gospel despite the dangers associated with it. Peggy Hinshaw has encouraged our kids to talk a lot about how we can share the good news with others. Our VBS Mission Project this year will help us to share the love of God and a message of hope and perseverance with others at a very challenging time in life. Children will be able to experience first-hand how we can share our faith and a message of love with those in need.
This Week’s Prayer Calendar:
- Monday, 7/3: Pray for this year’s VBS mission project, “Sweet Cases”. Ask that kids will respond to the call of helping others in need.
- Tuesday, 7/4: Pray for the children that will receive a “Sweet Case”. May the love of God be shared through these duffle bags.
- Wednesday, 7/5: Thank God in advance for the blessings and opportunities He will provide through VBS.
- Thursday, 7/6: Ask God to continue to develop the knowledge He has given us through His power. 2 Peter 1:3
- Friday, 7/7: Ask God to bless the children that will participate in the afternoon enrichment program as they grow as young engineers.
- Saturday, 7/8: Pray for the leaders of the afternoon enrichment program. Ask God to prepare their hearts with his love.
- Sunday, 7/9: Ask God to help our church maintain a safe learning environment for our kids.